Chatuchak Weekend Market or JJ as the source of its more than 9,000 stores in 27 projects, including food, clothing, books, antiques, crafts, pet supplies for pet animals, trees, landscaping equipment. Including general miscellaneous goods with a variety of products at affordable prices. Chatuchak Weekend Market is one of the most popular tourist destinations for both Thai and foreigners.
Major tourist spots of Chatuchak Weekend Market
It has a prominent symbol or landmark is the clock tower near the clock tower, which is lined with more than 9,000 shops from 27 projects. Products are divided into 8 main categories: vegetables and fruits. Wood, clothing, pets, trees, cooking food, ready meals, fresh food and miscellaneous
How to get to Chatuchak Weekend Market
– Sky Train Visitors can take the BTS to Mo Chit Station and walk to Chatuchak Weekend Market. Distance of about 700 meters takes about 9 minutes.
– Subway: Visitors can take the MRT to Chatuchak Park Station or Kamphaeng Phet Station and walk to Chatuchak Weekend Market. Distance of approximately 600 meters takes about 7 minutes.
– The bus has a bus stop in front of Chatuchak Day and Night or Chatuchak Market Gate 1 (Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road).
- Regular car: 26, 77, 96, 104, 122, 134, 136, 138, 145, 157, 182
- Air-conditioned buses: PO. 77, PO.134, PO.138, PO. 145, PO. 157, PO. 509, PO. 517, PO. 529, PO. 536
– Taxi Tourists can take a taxi. The price depends on the distance traveled.
Opening hours – Closed
- Wednesday – Thursday from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (only in the tree zone)
- Friday 18.00 – 24.00
- Saturday – Sunday from 09.00 – 20.00
Chatuchak certainly an assault on all five senses. Food stalls will bombard you with wafting aromas of seafood and sweets. Techno music blasts from trendy clothing stalls. Herds of people shove their way through the market, one stall at a time. That being said, Chatuchak is one destination you cannot miss visiting. Being that Chatuchak is the largest market in Asia, navigating it can be confusing. That is why we’re here to offer you a guide on Bangkok’s massive market.